The Technology Expense Management Industry Association (TEMIA), the authoritative voice for Technology and Telecom Expense Management and Solutions Providers in related areas, hosted a meeting March 20-22, 2017, in New Orleans for its members. In total, 69 people from 37 different companies attended. Members elected six TEMIA Executive Board officers:
- Mitch Black, President of MOBI as TEMIA President
- Mark Hearn from Network Control as Vice President.
- David Sonenstein from Ezwim as Secretary.
- Jane Sydlowski from AMI Strategies as an At-Large Board Member.
- Nina Doherty from InvoiceIQ as an At-Large Board Member.
- Charlie Yielding from GSquared Wireless as an At-Large Board Member.
Each year, there are elections for a portion of the board serving a two-year term. TEMIA’s Executive Board is critical to driving greater levels of success for the organization and helping to promote the industry. In addition, the executive board works to support the organization’s mission:
- Expanding the size of the market.
- Fostering ongoing performance improvement through open industry standards.
- Promoting the industry to clients, carriers, and analysts.
- Advocating for TEMIA members working with carriers and clients.
“The TEM industry is drastically changing the way enterprises manage their technology estate,” said Jane Sydlowski, president of AMI Strategies and TEMIA Board Member. “With the rapid growth of IoT initiatives, Unified Communications and more, as well as managing inventory, licenses, and mobile ‘things’ while making certain the associated invoices are correct, is a tremendous and complicated endeavor. TEM companies have used their expertise and invested millions of dollars to simplify the madness. I am honored to serve on the board of TEMIA to help this unique industry with standards, ethics and empowerment.”
In addition to elections, the meeting featured participation by a wide range of members and guests. Top leaders from firms in the industry networked and exchanged ideas. Discussions were facilitated with roundtable discussions, fixed and mobile tracks and more. The meeting included participation on insightful panels to challenge common perceptions and advance industry knowledge on a range of topics:
- Opportunities to meet new strategic partners.
- Presentation of TEMIA’s Purpose; Core Values; Brand Promises; Key Initiatives.
- Reaffirmation of the TEMIA Ethics Code.
- Industry standards for mobile and fixed inventory.
- Panel discussion on new ways to think about software for the industry.
- Unbelievable mobile help desk tales.
TEMIA’s ongoing mission is to raise awareness, to improve the quality and value of solutions and to cultivate shared industry knowledge for Technology Expense Management, Telecommunications Management, Telecom Expense Management, TEM, Mobile Expense Management, Managed Mobility Solutions, MMS, Mobile Device Management MDM and Enterprise Mobility Management, EMM solutions. TEMIA seeks to do this through the development and promotion of open industry standards, and industry knowledge among solutions providers, business partners, telecom service providers, and enterprise clients. Further, TEMIA members subscribe to a Code of Ethics, which clearly establishes standards and differentiates their level of commitment to their clients.
Learn more about TEMIA online at www.temia.org
Press Contact: Joe Basili, email@example.com 973-763-6265
About AMI Strategies
AMI Strategies is a full-service global telecom and technology expense management firm. AMI manages the “procure to payment” process for technology, energy/utilities and assets. Their cloud-based services platform, temNOW, audits and manages invoices through the entire lifecycle. Clients achieve cost savings from the detection of billing errors, variances in billing vs. contracted rates and anomalies from pre-established audit rules. temNOW provides centralized invoice management and a systematic inventory of assets and services. For more information, visit http://amistrategies.com/.