About AMI Strategies
AMI Strategies provides businesses with market-leading solutions to streamline telecom expense management for wireline and wireless services, energy and utilities, and copiers and leases. Benefit from a scalable, customizable SaaS system delivering real-time, 360-degree visibility into expense related invoices. You’ll improve entire procure-to-pay invoice lifecycle.
You’ll reduce expenses, automate invoice management, gain transparency, and enhance reporting for improved decision making. With AMI, companies reduce average invoice charges by 10-35%, freeing up capital for other business-critical activities.
The AMI Strategies Difference:
- Certified Woman-Owned Business
- Customizable and easy to use cloud-based SaaS platform.
- The only telecom expense management provider offering organizations flexible, scalable solutions and services ranging from fully automated “procure to pay” services and license to temNOW™ platform, to “a la carte” invoice management.
- Serving a diverse global client base spanning automotive, healthcare, government, retail, finance, insurance, manufacturing, transportation.
- Robust reporting and Data Analytics suite offering “what if” analysis.
- Processes more than $200 million in bill payment annually.
- Proven, quantifiable benefits include helping companies achieve hard dollar savings of 10-35% in annual expense reduction.
Jane Sydlowski, CEO and President
Jane’s vision for AMI Strategies includes 100% client satisfaction, profitable growth, respect for the individual, and employee empowerment.
During AMI Strategies’ 25-year history under Jane’s leadership, AMI has been recognized among the Deloitte Fast 500 Public and Private Technology Companies, Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Crain’s Best Places to Work.
Jane holds a Bachelors of Science in Applied Engineering from Michigan State University and an MBA from Wayne State University.
Passionate about empowering emerging leaders, Jane speaks to graduate students regularly for Wayne State University’s entrepreneurial program, and she serves on four boards: Chairman of the Board for Greenpath, the Board of Visitors for Wayne State University, board member for the Midwest Technology Leaders Conference and the board of We Build Character.
Leaders & Innovators Award
Lawrence Technological University, WWJ Newsradio 950, The Great Lakes IT Report and Grant Thornton LLP’s Celebrate Innovation and Leadership.
Michigan State University Applied Engineering Distinguished Alumni Award
MSU selects one alumnus per discipline as a tribute to their program.
The Rhonda Walker Foundation Award
Fox News and Channel 4 Anchor’s Rhonda Walker honor powerful women of purpose in the high technology industry.
Dean Keeler, Vice President of Operations and CTO
In his role as vice president of operations and CTO, Dean Keeler manages internal and external teams to support all aspects of AMI Strategies’ proprietary temNOW system. He also formed AMI’s End User Group Forum so clients could suggest product enhancements and share knowledge with each other. He uses these requests in the Product Roadmap each year.
Dean mentors and trains internal personnel and oversees client training requirements. He developed AMI’s training system and supports its continual improvement.
Dean has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Aided Technology from Eastern Michigan University.
David Boonie, VP of Business Development and Sales
As vice president of business development and sales, David is responsible for global business development, customer relationship, sales, and growth of global enterprise, medium business and Fortune 1000 customers.
David has a deep history in the telecommunications and technology space with over a decade at industry leader Verizon as a vice president, along with prior leadership roles in operations, engineering and client service. David is a high-integrity, passionate leader delivering a differentiated customer experience based upon the unique requirements of AMI’s clients.
A Michigan native and lifelong resident of the Detroit area, David served on the board of directors for the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC), and is active in Detroit-area charities.
Charles P. Barnes, Chief Financial Officer and General Counsel
Charles P. Barnes manages all legal, accounting and finance functions at AMI Strategies. He has served on the Board of Directors for 15 years and served as external and internal advisor during that time period.
Mr. Barnes has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Walsh College and a doctorate of jurisprudence from Michigan State University School of Law. He is licensed in the State of Michigan.
Mr. Barnes has served on several non-profit and association Boards, including the American Heart Association, the Michigan Cancer Foundation-Partners, Midwest Technology Leaders and the Tooling, Manufacturing and Technology Association. He currently provides financial and legal assistance to We Build Character.Back to top
AMI Strategies awards
Crain’s Best Places to Work
Commitment to growth: Deloitte, Inc500 and Future 50
One of our favorites is the Blue Cross Blue Shield Diverse Supplier (WBE) award based on the continued success of our four year TEM engagement!
Founder Jane Sydlowski awards
Distinguished Alumni award from the College of Engineering at Michigan State University
Leader and Innovator award from Lawrence Tech University
In 2011 she received the Rhonda Walker Foundation’s award as a “powerful women of purpose in the technology industry”
Back to top
Careers at AMI Strategies
AMI Strategies’ culture is high energy and unstoppable. We seek team members who will truly know and understand his or her significance in the company, and work together to help drive significant, profitable growth for AMI.
Through internal team-building events, bi-weekly “Good News” meetings and more, AMI Strategies aims to foster a spirit of collaboration and positivity, while encouraging each employee to honor life’s priority for themselves.
Sound good to you, too? See below for our most current career openings!
To apply for any of these positions, or for additional information, please contact Maureen Sturdy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Openings at AMI Strategies
We are looking for an energetic Vendor Dispute Specialist who will own telecom invoice accuracy. The ideal candidate will direct and administer a work effort to deliver AMI Strategies services in compliance with the agreed contract and statement of work. Must be passionate about vendor invoice accuracy.
Dispute specialist responsibilities include knowledge in reading and understanding telecom invoices and customer service records (CSRs), preferably for Verizon and AT&T; skilled at questioning the vendor regarding charges on these invoices; ability to negotiate credits and terms with the vendor.
Computer skills needed include knowledge of Microsoft programs, particularly a deep understanding of Excel. Assertive personality welcomed.
- Operate as the lead point of contact regarding the client / vendor invoice accuracy relationship
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting, trusted advisor relationship with internal Account Management team
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our dispute management activities according to client statement of work
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal account manager stakeholder and client, if required
- Forecast and track key account metrics for dispute management activities; assist with priority requests or escalations as needed
- Escalate vendor dispute activities internally with AMI and/or client stakeholder as appropriate
- Proven telecom invoice knowledge and/or other relevant experience
- Background in telecommunications and technology
- Technology billing focus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence, credibly and effectively
- Proven ability to manage multiple client invoice accounts at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Proven abilities in Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, macros and more
- Extremely organized and understands how to prioritize based upon ROI benefit
- Excellent listening, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
About AMI Strategies
AMI Strategies partners with clients to drive optimal business results by managing the technical, financial and operational processes and data for their technology estate. Serving clients in every continent, AMI offers a suite of global solutions which encompasses full management and integration of invoices, assets and orders within the global IT budget.Back to top