AMI Strategies Reduces Telecom Expenses for National Non-Profit
A national non-profit humanitarian organization was operating its telecom strategy in a decentralized way – using local chapters rather than centralizing all their telecom efforts – and, as a result, they started experiencing significant cost pressures. The non-profit knew it needed a provider to help it streamline and centralize its telecommunications expenses. It also needed:
- Insight into the entire telecom footprint across the enterprise
- To understand its overall telecommunications spend, the associated inventory and vendor contracts.
Ultimately, this national non-profit needed both visibility and savings, so it sent out an RFP to find the right provider for the job.
Enter AMI Strategies. To address the needs and challenges outlined in the non-profit’s RFP, AMI Strategies implemented its cloud-based Telecom Expense Management solution.
Through SmartCMDB™, AMI was able to identify the organization’s actual telecom spend, number of vendors and the number of invoices received per month. With AMI, this national non-profit gained visibility into over 3000 monthly invoices with over 450 vendors; numbers that were unknown prior to implementation.
After initial setup, AMI Strategies helped this organization recover $500,000 in the first four months alone. At the end of 12 months, savings totaled $1 million.
AMI Strategies also implemented procedures and automated processes for the organization, empowering it to function with:
- Transparent management of the lifecycle of all monthly invoices using a standard work flow and a Web-based system
- Visibility into every data point on an invoice, organized in strategic ways through reporting, for example, inventory by location, charges by cost center and more
- Monthly automated auditing, general ledger allocations and bill pay
- Centralized data and processes
Since the success of this initial implementation, this non-profit organization has expanded its use of AMI to include SmartAudit™.
Through SmartAudit™, the organization was able to populate all of its contracts and conduct a comprehensive reconciliation audit. As a result, it identified $200,000 more in savings– a significant improvement over the audit outcomes of previous years.
Additionally, the non-profit is fully leveraging the smart data capabilities of the AMI platform to feed its business intelligence systems. This capability funnels even more data into the its’ existing reporting features, giving them actionable insights into location-based spend, vendors and services from which they’re able to make more informed business decision.
A National Non-Profit
– With review of first $12 million in telecom invoices, AMI Strategies recovered $500,000 in first four months
– Recovered an additional $1 million
– After subsequent SmartAudit of all contracts, AMI saved an additional $200,000 over 12 months.