Securing BYOD Infographic
More people than ever before are working from home
Employees are increasingly relying on BYOD to perform their roles remotely
This shift required employees rely more than ever on personal and BYOD devices:
- 53% said none of the devices they use for work were administered by their employer
- 61% of remote employees were using personal devices as their primary method to access company networks
BYOD devices can expose organizations to greater security threats
An increased reliance on BYOD devices means companies are more exposed than ever to security threats:
- 45% expect a company data breach due to staff using personal devices that were not properly protected
- 39% of organizations already suffered a security compromise involving a mobile device in 2020
- Data Leakage – 61%
- Unauthorized Data Access – 53%
- Malware Infecting Unmanaged Devices – 51%
Executives are planning expenditures in IT infrastructure and MDM technology should be earmarked for that budget
70% of US executives are planning new investment in IT infrastructure to secure virtual connectivity.
Part of this investment should be geared toward equipping devices with the security they need through Mobile Device Management (MDM) technology. MDMs can manage: MDM software enables an enterprise to monitor, manage and secure corporate or personally-owned mobile devices that run across multiple operating systems.
Learn more about AMI Strategies MDM solution and how it can help your organization mitigate the risk of BYOD devices.